Sentencing Adjourned For Man Who Pushed Ex-partner and Smashed Phone
A MOTHER of three was pushed and had her mobile phone smashed by her jealous ex-partner when she told him to leave her Soham home. Jamie Bramley had arrived to visit his children – and argued with Fae Wood before she went to the local shop. When she retu
A MOTHER of three was pushed and had her mobile phone smashed by her jealous ex-partner when she told him to leave her Soham home.
Jamie Bramley had arrived to visit his children - and argued with Fae Wood before she went to the local shop.
"When she returned her mobile phone rang, and Bramley thought the call was coming from another man," prosecutor Laura Mardell told Ely magistrates.
"She did not answer the call, and she asked the defendant to leave, saying he had 10 minutes to say his goodbyes."
But Bramley refused to leave, said Ms Mardell. He leaned across Fae Wood to grab her phone, and when it fell to the floor he stamped on it.
"He also pushed her," added Ms Mardell, "he caused her some reddening on her neck and soreness to her arm."
- 1 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 2 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 3 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 6 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 7 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 8 Hunt is on for arsonists after 5am car fire
- 9 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 10 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
Twenty-six-year-old Bramley, who is homeless, admitted assaulting Fae Wood and damaging her property on November 24.
"He is desperately worried about his children, he is completely devoted to them," said solicitor Veronica Candy.
"He is finding it difficult to cope, and at the time he'd had a few drinks."
Sentencing was adjourned until January 7 and Bramley was given conditional bail.