Send your loved ones festive greeting cards - for just 25p! - via Ely Scouts’ post service this Christmas
Ely District Scouts are once again running their Christmas post service in Ely and the surrounding villages.
The popular service allows people to send Christmas cards to Ely, Stretham, Littleport, Witchford, Witcham, Haddenham, Little Downham, Wilburton, Sutton, and Little Thetford over the coming weeks for just 25p each.
This is Ely’s third year running Scout Post but some areas have been operating a service for many years.
Every year young people across the district get a chance to design a stamp and the best stamps are chosen to be printed.
This year the best stamp winner was Isaac Greaves, from 1st Stretham Scouts.
Isaac said: “I never expected to see my stamp printed but it’s great to win”.
This year a percentage of the money raised through the Scout post will be going to local charities in the area, chosen by the young people.
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 3 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 4 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 5 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 6 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 7 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 8 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 9 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 10 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
For more information about Scout Post and scouting in Ely, visit www.elydistrictscouts.co.uk or @Ely_Scouts on Twitter.