Send your loved ones festive greeting cards - for just 25p! - via Ely Scouts’ post service this Christmas
Ely District Scouts are once again running their Christmas post service in Ely and the surrounding villages.
The popular service allows people to send Christmas cards to Ely, Stretham, Littleport, Witchford, Witcham, Haddenham, Little Downham, Wilburton, Sutton, and Little Thetford over the coming weeks for just 25p each.
This is Ely’s third year running Scout Post but some areas have been operating a service for many years.
Every year young people across the district get a chance to design a stamp and the best stamps are chosen to be printed.
This year the best stamp winner was Isaac Greaves, from 1st Stretham Scouts.
You may also want to watch:
Isaac said: “I never expected to see my stamp printed but it’s great to win”.
This year a percentage of the money raised through the Scout post will be going to local charities in the area, chosen by the young people.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
For more information about Scout Post and scouting in Ely, visit www.elydistrictscouts.co.uk or @Ely_Scouts on Twitter.