Self-build plots available near Ely for £135,000
- Credit: Archant
A developer has launched a development of self-build plots in Little Thetford, near Ely.
Chard Robinson has released a site of 10 private plots on The Wytches, which is north of the village centre.
Company director Stephen Chard said: “With the coronavirus pandemic changing the way we live our lives and the amount of time we spend in our homes, there is little doubt that remote working is likely to become part of the ‘new normal’ for many people.
“Now there is the perfect opportunity for home buyers to take complete control of their home environment.”
Since the coronavirus lockdown, home buyers now have different needs such as office space and a garden.
Planning consent on the site was approved by East Cambridgeshire District Council in 2019 and preparation works for the development are now underway.
Co-director Neil Robinson said: “We are excited to be introducing something new to the local area and to be launching at Little Thetford right now.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 5 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 7 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 8 Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 9 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 10 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
“More and more people are looking at self-build as a way to achieve the perfect home for their needs, and with life becoming more home-based for many, the opportunity to specify every aspect of their property is a great incentive.”
Prices start at £135,000 via selling agents Cheffins.