Self-build plots available near Ely for £135,000
- Credit: Archant
A developer has launched a development of self-build plots in Little Thetford, near Ely.
Chard Robinson has released a site of 10 private plots on The Wytches, which is north of the village centre.
Company director Stephen Chard said: “With the coronavirus pandemic changing the way we live our lives and the amount of time we spend in our homes, there is little doubt that remote working is likely to become part of the ‘new normal’ for many people.
“Now there is the perfect opportunity for home buyers to take complete control of their home environment.”
Since the coronavirus lockdown, home buyers now have different needs such as office space and a garden.
You may also want to watch:
Planning consent on the site was approved by East Cambridgeshire District Council in 2019 and preparation works for the development are now underway.
Co-director Neil Robinson said: “We are excited to be introducing something new to the local area and to be launching at Little Thetford right now.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
“More and more people are looking at self-build as a way to achieve the perfect home for their needs, and with life becoming more home-based for many, the opportunity to specify every aspect of their property is a great incentive.”
Prices start at £135,000 via selling agents Cheffins.