Security guard is attacked by masked men
TWO masked and hooded men attacked a security guard and bundled him into the back of his own van in a terrifying night time ordeal at an Ely business park. The guard, who police have name as 48-year-old John Saberton, was attacked at the main gate of Gro
TWO masked and hooded men attacked a security guard and bundled him into the back of his own van in a terrifying night time ordeal at an Ely business park.
The guard, who police have name as 48-year-old John Saberton, was attacked at the main gate of Grovemere Business Park on Lancaster Way at around 1.20am on Monday morning and thrown in the van by two men, who then drove him to another part of the park outside the B&M Partnership building.
The offenders stole his mobile phone and keys and left him in the back of the van. Mr Saberton raised the alarm, and a police search of the area was carried out, but the offenders had already fled.
The first man is described as white, in his 20s, around 5ft 10 and of slim build, with a bald or shaven head. He wore a dark coloured hooded top and faded jeans.
You may also want to watch:
The second man, also white and around the same height, wore a full face balaclava and a dark padded jacket.
There was also a break-in at the B & M Partnership building on the same night. Managing director Andrew Pepper said: "It was obvious when we came to work on Monday morning that there had been a break-in but thankfully nothing was taken.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 7 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Investigating police officer Detective Constable John Yore said: "I would like to speak to anyone who was in the area of the business park in the early hours of the morning who saw anything suspicious."
He added: "Thankfully, the security guard was not injured."
INFO: Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Yore at Ely Police Station on 0845 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555 111.