Stunning photos critiqued at Ely’s second print competition
- Credit: Archant
Stunning photos of animals and scenery formed part of 72 entries in Ely Photographic Club’s second print competition of the season.
Judge Jonathan Vaines had his work cut-out to critique and focus on the strengths of each print.
Hints and tips were given to members on how to improve.
1st Brown Hare with Wild Flowers by Kevin Pigney (20 points)
You may also want to watch:
2nd London Riverside by James Billings (20 Points)
3rd Preening Flamingo by Dave Hawkins (19 points)
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
Highly Commended - Crested Francolin by Bruce Liggitt (19 Points)
Commended - Kingfisher Snack and Rubbing Beaks by John Harvey (both 18 points)
1st Fag Ash Lil by Nick Bowman (20 points)
2nd Lakeside Morning by Bruce Liggitt (20 points)
3rd Storm Clouds over Bamburgh by John Harvey (20 points)
Highly Commended - Bloomer £3.50 by John Harvey (19 points)
Highly Commended - Hare Portrait by Nick Bowman (19 Points)
Commended - Kingfisher Preening by Richard Whitmore
The competition took place on November 20.
The club meets on a Wednesday evening at Ely College from 7.30pm to 9.30pm.
If you are interested in joining then visit www.elyphotographicclub.co.uk