Stunning photos critiqued at Ely’s second print competition
- Credit: Archant
Stunning photos of animals and scenery formed part of 72 entries in Ely Photographic Club’s second print competition of the season.
Judge Jonathan Vaines had his work cut-out to critique and focus on the strengths of each print.
Hints and tips were given to members on how to improve.
1st Brown Hare with Wild Flowers by Kevin Pigney (20 points)
2nd London Riverside by James Billings (20 Points)
3rd Preening Flamingo by Dave Hawkins (19 points)
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 9 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 10 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
Highly Commended - Crested Francolin by Bruce Liggitt (19 Points)
Commended - Kingfisher Snack and Rubbing Beaks by John Harvey (both 18 points)
1st Fag Ash Lil by Nick Bowman (20 points)
2nd Lakeside Morning by Bruce Liggitt (20 points)
3rd Storm Clouds over Bamburgh by John Harvey (20 points)
Highly Commended - Bloomer £3.50 by John Harvey (19 points)
Highly Commended - Hare Portrait by Nick Bowman (19 Points)
Commended - Kingfisher Preening by Richard Whitmore
The competition took place on November 20.
The club meets on a Wednesday evening at Ely College from 7.30pm to 9.30pm.
If you are interested in joining then visit www.elyphotographicclub.co.uk