Chilled out seal photographed relaxing on Cambs riverbank
- Credit: Elliot Warren
Most of us have been out and about enjoying the sunshine recently, including this seal who was spotted chilling on a riverbank.
Elliot Warren, from Sutton, said he was surprised when he came across the sunbathing seal on a walk during the sunny spell of weather.
He said: “When I first spotted the seal, I was concerned initially it was hurt.
“I didn’t get too close – but it seemed completely fine and healthy. In fact, it wasn’t interested in me being stood there at all.
“It didn't have any major gashes or scratches and was simply sunbathing on the riverbank, enjoying the warm weather.”
You may also want to watch:
The seal was spotted on the New Bedford riverbank at Sutton Gault earlier this month on June 5.
Elliot added: “I’ve seen seals in the rivers around here before, but I haven’t seen one that close for a good few years on the riverbank.
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 7 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 8 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 9 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical
- 10 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
“The wildlife we're lucky enough to have around us here is amazing."