Woman gets £4 refund after finding letter with underpaid postage was in fact a Tory Party survey!
- Credit: Archant
A woman who complained to MP Lucy Frazer that a letter she paid a £4 surcharge to Royal Mail to be delivered only to find it was a Tory Party survey has got her money back.
She complained about the surcharge on the MP’s Facebook page claiming that she and her partner “paid £4 for underpaid mail only to find it was a questionnaire from SE Cambs Conservative Association”.
The woman asked her MP: “So when are you are going to reimburse us?”
One party official wrote: “Are you serious? As far as I know it should have been delivered by hand with no postal charges involved.”
To the rescue came Debbie Clarke, the Conservative Association agent for the SE Cambs constituency.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very sorry to hear that this has occurred and understand that a local Conservative representative has now arranged to reimburse you fully,” she posted.
“We apologies for the inconvenience caused and thank you for making us aware of the postage oversight.”
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 9 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
With the £4 back safely in her purse, the complainant posted a brief but heartfelt ‘thank you”.