SE Cambs MP Lucy Frazer tackles Chancellor George Osborne on getting more cash for Cambridgeshire schools
- Credit: Archant
MP Lucy Frazer met Chancellor George Osborne to tackle him on getting more cash for Cambridgeshire schools.
The SE Cambs MP said: “I asked the Chancellor about a better funding deal for schools in Cambridgeshire to address the gap in education spending.”
She said she has previously raised the issue of funding with Education Secretary Nicky Morgan and the former Secretary of State, Michael Gove.
“I have worked with the Department for Education on this issue,” she said. “The funding issue is now a matter for the Treasury, and I have pressed the Chancellor for a commitment to address the funding gap.
“Since being elected, I have been pressing for a fairer deal for Cambridgeshire schools.
You may also want to watch:
“It is vital that all children get the best start in life and it is only right that funding should be allocated across the country on a fair basis.”
- 1 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 2 Lidl lists Cambridgeshire locations for ‘potential store development’
- 3 'Most significant' Fens archive footage in years
- 4 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 5 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 6 Pool memories and 60s celebrities - a nostalgic step back in time
- 7 Letter: Who's been pinching my dog biscuits?
- 8 Young writer's 'wonderful' poem wins competition
- 9 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
- 10 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault