SE Cambs MP Lucy Frazer tackles Chancellor George Osborne on getting more cash for Cambridgeshire schools
- Credit: Archant
MP Lucy Frazer met Chancellor George Osborne to tackle him on getting more cash for Cambridgeshire schools.
The SE Cambs MP said: “I asked the Chancellor about a better funding deal for schools in Cambridgeshire to address the gap in education spending.”
She said she has previously raised the issue of funding with Education Secretary Nicky Morgan and the former Secretary of State, Michael Gove.
“I have worked with the Department for Education on this issue,” she said. “The funding issue is now a matter for the Treasury, and I have pressed the Chancellor for a commitment to address the funding gap.
“Since being elected, I have been pressing for a fairer deal for Cambridgeshire schools.
You may also want to watch:
“It is vital that all children get the best start in life and it is only right that funding should be allocated across the country on a fair basis.”
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 3 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 4 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 5 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 6 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 8 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 9 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 10 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall