SE Cambridgeshire MP Lucy Frazer pleased with £1.3 cash injection into UK schools
- Credit: Archant
SE Cambridgeshire MP Lucy Frazer says it is “only fair” that all schools are treated equally following the Education Secretary’s announcement of a £1.3 billion cash injection into the nation’s schools this week.
Justine Greening announces the boost – which could see schools in Cambridgeshire make gains of up to three per cent per pupil over two years – at parliament on Tuesday (18).
Lucy said “I have campaigned for three years to ensure a fairer funding formula for our schools.
“I believe it is only right that schools are treated equally so all pupils get the same life chances.
“It is also important that schools have a level of funding per pupils which allows them to provide a good level of education.
You may also want to watch:
“I met with 17 schools and the Department of Education to talk about how to tackle the teacher recruitment challenge and I will continue to press this.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages