Scouts from Ely join in the fun at an action packed county scout camp
MEMBERS of 1st Ely Scouts spent the weekend under canvas, when they joined in an action packed county scout camp held at Wood Green in Godmanchester.
Around 250 young people between the ages of ten and 17 were given the opportunity to experience a range of exciting activities, including archery, an assault course, canoeing, climbing, pioneering and shooting.
The camp also included a slippery pole , and a crate stacking challenge.
County Scout Camp Leader, Arthur Towler said “The weekend was a great success. County camp is a real challenge, but it isn’t just about activities for their own sake. We encourage scouts to try something new, feel the buzz of the achievement, and then reflect on what that means.”
Scouting is growing in Cambridgeshire, over the past five years there has been a big increase in membership, with more girls and teenagers joining the movement.
You may also want to watch:
Around 1,000 adult volunteers give up their time to support more than 5,000 young people involved in scouting in Cambridgeshire. It is estimated that adults gave up more than 4,000 hours of free time to enable the camp to go ahead.
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 3 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 8 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 9 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 10 'Savage' attack left man without spleen