Scope charity shop in Ely launches appeal for volunteers to help its work with disabled people
- Credit: Archant
A charity shop has launched an urgent appeal for volunteers.
Scope, of Coronation Parade, High Street, Ely, needs volunteers to help them raise funds to support the charity’s work with more than 250,000 disabled children, adults and their families every year.
Christa Oliver, shop manager, said: “Some volunteer for an hour or two a week, others are practically full-time.
“But what all of our volunteers have in common is that they are helping to change the lives of disabled people and their families by raising the money we so desperately need to keep our vital services open.
“We really need your support. So if you’re interested in volunteering with us, please do pop into the shop for a chat or contact us to find out more.”
You may also want to watch:
Anybody who wants to find out more about volunteering can contact Christa Oliver on 01353 666 658 or pop into the shop at 1 Coronation Parade, High Street, Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB7 4LB. Alternatively e-mail Ely.Shop@scope.org.uk
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Heroin dealer kept machete at home