Scope charity shop in Ely launches appeal for volunteers to help its work with disabled people
- Credit: Archant
A charity shop has launched an urgent appeal for volunteers.
Scope, of Coronation Parade, High Street, Ely, needs volunteers to help them raise funds to support the charity’s work with more than 250,000 disabled children, adults and their families every year.
Christa Oliver, shop manager, said: “Some volunteer for an hour or two a week, others are practically full-time.
“But what all of our volunteers have in common is that they are helping to change the lives of disabled people and their families by raising the money we so desperately need to keep our vital services open.
“We really need your support. So if you’re interested in volunteering with us, please do pop into the shop for a chat or contact us to find out more.”
You may also want to watch:
Anybody who wants to find out more about volunteering can contact Christa Oliver on 01353 666 658 or pop into the shop at 1 Coronation Parade, High Street, Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB7 4LB. Alternatively e-mail Ely.Shop@scope.org.uk
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 3 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 6 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 7 Footballer hopes Wembley 'dream' can bolster Cambridge career
- 8 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 9 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 10 Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire