Ely area scooter riders donate £850 to children’s hospices after series of fund raising events
- Credit: Archant
A group of scooter riders from Ely and surrounding villages has donated £850 to East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).
Totally Unstable Scooter Club (TUSC) holds a Christmas and summer fundraising event to raise money for charity every year.
Heidi Forsdick, TUSC member, said: “The majority of funds were raised through raffles, with prizes donated by club members, fellow scooterists and stallholders.
“A big thank you to everybody who contributed, including Monty’s Rolls, a vendor at our summer all-dayer that gave a very generous donation.”
TUSC was established in 1992. It currently has 26 members of various ages, who share an interest in scooters and music associated with the scooter scene.
You may also want to watch:
The group meets on the second Wednesday of every month at The Townhouse Pub in Ely.
It started fundraising for good causes five years ago and has so far raised nearly £4,000 in total.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
Heidi said: “We had EACH as our chosen charity in 2014 and it wasn’t until we had a tour of its Milton hospice that we fully appreciated the support EACH gives to children and their families. This is why the club wanted to support EACH again this year.”
EACH cares for children and young people with life-threatening conditions and supports their families. Its service currently benefits more than 200 people in Cambridgeshire and over 600 more across the rest of East Anglia.
Polly West, EACH Cambridgeshire Community Fundraiser, said: “We’d like to say a big thank you to TUSC for raising this £850, especially having supported us in the past.
“We need to raise more than £5 million from fundraising every year, so all offers of support from the community like this of TUSC are hugely appreciated.”
For more information about EACH visit www.each.org.uk. For more on TUSC call Andy Harris on 07704 760434 or find the group on Faceboook.