Schools partnership in the running
The Ely Schools Partnership – a group of nine schools from Ely, Littleport and Little Downham – has been selected as one of eight finalists in a competition. The partnership looked at local history with the River Ouse as the focus and is competing for the
The Ely Schools Partnership - a group of nine schools from Ely, Littleport and Little Downham - has been selected as one of eight finalists in a competition.
The partnership looked at local history with the River Ouse as the focus and is competing for the Peter Hemingway Award for school projects that have used broadband technology.
Children produced artwork and video recordings, and took photographs of their work.
The schools also worked with the Ely Museums, Cambridgeshire County Council's advisory service and the ICT Education Service to produce a local history website: www.elyproject.org.uk
You may also want to watch:
Finalists will give a presentation at the Holiday Inn, Cambridge, on November 26 when they will demonstrate the various aspects of their website to an audience of teachers and governors from the participating finalist schools.
The winning project will receive £5,000.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
Schools in the partnership include: Ely's St Mary's Junior School, St. Johns Primary School, Spring Meadow Infant and Nursery School, The Lantern Primary School, Highfield Special School and the City of Ely Community College, Downham Feoffees Primary School, Little Downham and Littleport's Millfield Primary School and Littleport Community Primary School.