Schools and Businesses are Gearing up For MAGPAS Green Day
SCHOOLS and businesses across Cambridgeshire are gearing up to dress down and wear something green to support MAGPAS lifesavers on September 26. Green Day is the latest fund-raising initiative from the charity and organisers hope to raise thousands of po
SCHOOLS and businesses across Cambridgeshire are gearing up to dress down and wear something green to support MAGPAS lifesavers on September 26. Green Day is the latest fund-raising initiative from the charity and organisers hope to raise thousands of pounds to support the MAGPAS Emergency Medical Team and Community First Responder groups.
Fifty schools across Cambridgeshire have already agreed to take part and the charity is looking for as many local businesses as possible to join in.
Two representatives of the charity dressed up yesterday to start the ball rolling - paramedic, Ben Caine and charity mascot, Magpaws!
Ben said: "Seeing as Magpaws went to the effort of dressing up like a leprechaun I decided to join him and don a green top hat and bow tie. I didn't want him to be the only one to do it. He would have looked silly!"
You may also want to watch:
Dr Karim Ahmad, pictured holding Magpaws, added: "We are hoping lots of people across the region will join in on September 26. The proceeds from the event will literally help save lives. Both the Emergency Medical Team and the Community First Responders need vital funds to keep the services going. Hopefully we will raise a lot of money and also increase awareness of MAGPAS life-saving schemes through Green Day."
Charity spokesman Christian Morris, said: "We hope lots more schools and businesses will join the growing number that have already committed themselves to supporting Green Day. All people need to do is get their school or business to agree to join in and then collect £1 from everyone who takes part. Our volunteers really do save lives locally so I would encourage everyone to support them with this initiative."
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
INFO: If your school, business or organisation would like to take part in Green Day, telephone 01480 371 063.
Pic cap: MAGPAS paramedic Ben Caine and Dr Karim Ahmed and the charity mascot, Magpaws.
15/09/2008 Page 1 of 1 Green Day for Magpas!