School Teacher Facing Charges Of Downloading Child Pornography Images
A SCHOOL teacher has appeared before Ely magistrates facing a total of 11 pornography charges. Philip Scott faces nine charges of downloading images involving children, both moving and still images; and two charges relating to extreme pornographic images
A SCHOOL teacher has appeared before Ely magistrates facing a total of 11 pornography charges.
Philip Scott faces nine charges of downloading images involving children, both moving and still images; and two charges relating to extreme pornographic images of animals.
The 43-year-old, who lives in Black Horse Drove, Littleport, and teaches at Springwood High School in King's Lynn, did not enter pleas when he appeared in court on Thursday, and his case was adjourned for four weeks.
As a condition of his bail, he was banned from any educational establishment without prior arrangement with the headteacher. He was also told he must not leave the UK.
You may also want to watch:
The Copine scale is used to rate the severity of child pornography, from level one to five, with level five being the most severe.
Scott faces five charges of making indecent photographs of a child. It is alleged that between November 1 2005 and December 31 2007, Scott made 43 still images at level one; one still image at level three; one moving image at level one; five moving images at level two; and two moving images at level four.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 ‘Distressed cries’ of beagles fuel animal research unit protest
He also faces four charges of possessing indecent photographs of a child on January 28 in Littleport. Those charges related to 24 still images at level one; one moving image at level one; five moving images at level two; and two moving images at level four.
The two charges of possessing extreme pornographic images of animals on January 28 relate to 16 images of dogs with adult females; and three images of horses with adult females, which were grossly offensive, disgusting, or otherwise obscene.
A statement from the headteacher of Springwood High School said: "I can confirm that Mr Scott has been suspended from the school pending a police investigation and subsequent charges.
"These charges do not relate to any pupils at the school. As the matter is before the courts, I am not in a position to comment further at this time.