Summer fair raises £3,000 for schools in Ely
- Credit: Archant
A summer fair raised £3,000 for two joint schools in Ely.
The Mayor of Ely, Councillor Michael Rouse, was on hand to open the joint summer fayre at Spring Meadow infant and nursery school,and St Mary’s Junior School in Ely.
The opening was followed by entertainment from dance group 4th Dimension ,St Marts steel pans, Spring Meadow school choir and Premier Sports Street Dance.
There were a range of stalls and activities on the day including sponge the teacher and hook the duck as well as a refreshments cafe and barbecue.
The event raised £3,000, which will be divided in half between Spring Meadow infant and nursery school and St Mary’s Junior School.
You may also want to watch:
The fair, which was held on June 30, was organised by the Friends of St Mary’s (FOSMS) and Spring Meadows Parents and Staff Association (PSA).
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 3 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 4 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 5 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 6 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 7 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 8 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 9 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 10 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays