Summer fair raises £3,000 for schools in Ely
- Credit: Archant
A summer fair raised £3,000 for two joint schools in Ely.
The Mayor of Ely, Councillor Michael Rouse, was on hand to open the joint summer fayre at Spring Meadow infant and nursery school,and St Mary’s Junior School in Ely.
The opening was followed by entertainment from dance group 4th Dimension ,St Marts steel pans, Spring Meadow school choir and Premier Sports Street Dance.
There were a range of stalls and activities on the day including sponge the teacher and hook the duck as well as a refreshments cafe and barbecue.
The event raised £3,000, which will be divided in half between Spring Meadow infant and nursery school and St Mary’s Junior School.
You may also want to watch:
The fair, which was held on June 30, was organised by the Friends of St Mary’s (FOSMS) and Spring Meadows Parents and Staff Association (PSA).
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment