Summer fair raises £3,000 for schools in Ely
- Credit: Archant
A summer fair raised £3,000 for two joint schools in Ely.
The Mayor of Ely, Councillor Michael Rouse, was on hand to open the joint summer fayre at Spring Meadow infant and nursery school,and St Mary’s Junior School in Ely.
The opening was followed by entertainment from dance group 4th Dimension ,St Marts steel pans, Spring Meadow school choir and Premier Sports Street Dance.
There were a range of stalls and activities on the day including sponge the teacher and hook the duck as well as a refreshments cafe and barbecue.
The event raised £3,000, which will be divided in half between Spring Meadow infant and nursery school and St Mary’s Junior School.
The fair, which was held on June 30, was organised by the Friends of St Mary’s (FOSMS) and Spring Meadows Parents and Staff Association (PSA).
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 10 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash