King’s Ely takes delivery of three ‘stunning cathedral roses’
- Credit: Archant
King’s Ely has taken delivery of three Ely Cathedral roses as “a reminder of the close links between the cathedral and the school”.
The Dean of Ely, Mark Bonney, visited the school to present principal, Sue Freestone, with the roses.
A spokesman said: “They are a welcome addition to the gardens of the Old Palace and a reminder of the close links between the cathedral and King’s Ely.”
The Ely Cathedral rose has been produced by East Anglian rose growers, Peter Beales Roses, who are specialist propagators of new blooms and have won many awards.
Awards include 24 Gold Medals at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show, where the rose was officially unveiled by celebrity garden designer, Diarmuid Gavin.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bonney said: “We had our inspiration for an Ely Cathedral rose from our highly successful flower festival in 2013.
“The rose they have cultivated for the cathedral produces a classic and elegant, yet vibrant flower, and fulfills all that we hoped for.”
Roses can be purchased from the cathedral gift shop, or by visiting: www.elycathedral.org
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph