School Children Launch Campaign To Warn Parents About Parking
CONCERNED pupils at Millfield Primary School in Littleport have launched a new banner to warn parents about parking outside the school. Following problems with drivers pulling up in the designated no parking zone outside the school in Grange Lane, staff
CONCERNED pupils at Millfield Primary School in Littleport have launched a new banner to warn parents about parking outside the school.
Following problems with drivers pulling up in the designated 'no parking zone' outside the school in Grange Lane, staff and pupils joined together with local police to help tackle the issue.
PCSO Ian Hawkins suggested a competition for pupils to design a banner that could be hung on the school gate's with a clear message for drivers to park safely.
The winning design was chosen by Sector Inspector Alan Savill and reads: "Your wallet may be able to afford a fine but can your conscience afford a death?"
You may also want to watch:
PCSO Hawkins said: "We were really impressed with the designs and hope the finished banner will stop drivers putting children's lives at risk by parking poorly."
Left to right, Kayleigh, Abigail, Anne, Olivia and Hannah (front) all year 6 pupils at Millfield Primary School. Photo: HELEN DRAKE 7045HD0109
- 1 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 2 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 3 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 4 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 5 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 9 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 10 'Savage' attack left man without spleen