School Children Launch Campaign To Warn Parents About Parking
CONCERNED pupils at Millfield Primary School in Littleport have launched a new banner to warn parents about parking outside the school. Following problems with drivers pulling up in the designated no parking zone outside the school in Grange Lane, staff
CONCERNED pupils at Millfield Primary School in Littleport have launched a new banner to warn parents about parking outside the school.
Following problems with drivers pulling up in the designated 'no parking zone' outside the school in Grange Lane, staff and pupils joined together with local police to help tackle the issue.
PCSO Ian Hawkins suggested a competition for pupils to design a banner that could be hung on the school gate's with a clear message for drivers to park safely.
The winning design was chosen by Sector Inspector Alan Savill and reads: "Your wallet may be able to afford a fine but can your conscience afford a death?"
You may also want to watch:
PCSO Hawkins said: "We were really impressed with the designs and hope the finished banner will stop drivers putting children's lives at risk by parking poorly."
Left to right, Kayleigh, Abigail, Anne, Olivia and Hannah (front) all year 6 pupils at Millfield Primary School. Photo: HELEN DRAKE 7045HD0109
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 4 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 5 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 6 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 7 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 8 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 9 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 10 Our guide to The Library Presents' spring outdoor events series