School gets in the groove in social media video to cheer up children during coronavirus lockdown
- Credit: Archant
How can a school cheer up pupils and their families while they’re away from the classroom?
Staff from the Lantern Community School in Ely decided to do just that by filming themselves getting into the groove to Taylor Swift’s ‘Shake It Off’.
Since the school posted a video on social media of staff keeping children entertained from dancing in their back garden to rowing on a trampoline on Wednesday (April 29), it has attracted over 6,000 views.
Residents reacted with fondness to the video on the school’s Facebook page, which has been inundated with positive words.
One said “well done Lantern! The kids are lucky to have you!”, while another wrote “thanks for cheering us up on a rubbish afternoon! You’re all marvellous”.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, a resident said “how lucky are we to have such wonderful teachers” and another added “we love you so much! This made our day!”
Let us know what you’re doing to help others during the coronavirus pandemic - email Daniel.Mason@archant.co.uk.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph