Saved their bacon! GoFundMe campaign raises more than £1,500 to save Soham family of pigs from slaughter
- Credit: mDgyZcxWgQTMELF66HDhMdVtcVlE0nfxt0d8olOxkgTtzXXxuryd5zmU+NNFOh5za/ru0vCu6eFVAYln7JriXg==
A GoFundMe campaign has helped rescue a family of pigs in Soham who were threatened with slaughter after they farm they lived on was sold.
Over £1,500 was raised in just 10 days to save the family of 15 pigs, thanks to Danielle Page’s campaign.
The pigs now have a safe home at Fenland Animal Sanctuary, but more funds are needed to provide them with healthcare, food and bedding.
Danielle said: “The truly awesome Fenland Animal Rescue (FAR) has offered a safe home for the family.
“These are beautiful, sensitive, intelligent animals and deserve the chance to live a full and enjoyable life just the same as our traditional pets.
You may also want to watch:
“We still need help to fund their care. Our target has been increased to reflect the costs of health checks and castration which will be done to avoid pregnancy and aggression at their future homes.”
Danielle has set a target of raising £2,250 by mid-February. For more information, or to donate, click here.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 9 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 10 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash