Sarah running London Marathon in memory of husband
- Credit: Archant
Sarah Baumber will run Sunday’s London Marathon in memory of her husband Stuart, for the charity Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide.
Last November, Mr Baumber, of Black Horse Drove, near Littleport, took his own life during what Mrs Baumber described as “a period of great stress” in his life.
The 42-year-old left behind Mrs Baumber, his nine-year-old daughter and parents.
The couple met through Ely Runners in 2010 and married in 2013. Both had entered the London Marathon ballot for a number of years, but neither had ever been successful in securing a place – Mr Baumber had been rejected eight times.
Mrs Baumber said: “Three weeks after Stuart died, I was successful in gaining entry through the Ely Runners draw.
“It is such a privilege to be able to run in Stuart’s memory, and to be able to raise money for such a worthy charity.
“I am massively grateful to all those who have sponsored me so far and have already raised in excess of £2,000.”
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 3 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 4 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 5 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 6 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 7 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 8 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 9 Students ‘over the moon’ to receive letter from The Queen during project
- 10 Inclusivity at the heart of Dr Pip's goals ahead of Ely by-election
She added: “Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide has been of great help and support to me, especially during the first few weeks following Stuart’s death.
“The volunteers on the phone have a real understanding of the immense shock, guilt and sheer disbelief that the suicide of a loved one causes.”
To donate, visit www.justgiving.com/sarahbaumber