Sarah, 16, prepares to go under the barber’s clippers for Teenage Cancer Trust
- Credit: Archant
Ely College sixth-former Sarah Bebbington will have her hair shaved off to raise money for the Teenage Cancer Trust.
Sarah, 17, is training to be a nurse and recently spent 16 weeks at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, working with children who were receiving treatment for cancer.
She said that a lot of the children were quite upset about losing their hair during treatment so she wanted to show them that it wasn’t such a big deal by having hers shaved off.
She said: “It has taken me about two years to grow my hair and it’s down to my hip now, so there’s a lot to come off. Ill get a friend to put it up into bunches and cut it off before getting it shaved professionally.”
The big day is December 17 and the head shaving is due to take place in the hall of Ely College, in Downham Road, where she was a student.
You may also want to watch:
She has already raised more than £1,000 for charity through various fund-raising events but hopes to raise even more on the day.
You can donate to Sarah’s cause online at www.www.justgiving.com/elyheadshave
- 1 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 2 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 3 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 4 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 5 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 6 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 7 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 8 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow
- 10 Cambs city voted ‘most likely to survive zombie apocalypse’