Santa’s on his bike
FATHER Christmas will be getting on his bike in an effort to shed some pounds at a new interactive health fair in Ely on Saturday. Rather than relying on Rudolph and his reindeer friends to pull a sleigh to the Fun, Fit and Food Fair, organised by Health
FATHER Christmas will be getting on his bike in an effort to shed some pounds at a new interactive health fair in Ely on Saturday.
Rather than relying on Rudolph and his reindeer friends to pull a sleigh to the Fun, Fit and Food Fair, organised by Healthy Living - East Cambridgeshire, he will be using pedal power instead.
The aim is to raise awareness of the fact that anyone in East Cambridgeshire can take a step in the right direction and do their bit to enjoy a healthier lifestyle over Christmas - even Santa!
Setting off from the Healthy Living stand at the Market Square, Ely just after 10.30am, he will follow a route that takes him along Brays Lane and Nutholt Lane before turning left into Newnham Street, and along Market Street. He will then bike down the High Street and Fore Hill in time to arrive at the Maltings for the official opening with the Mayor of Ely, Cllr John Ison, at 11am.
Santa will then hot foot it to the Elysian Hall where he will be available to give out Christmas gifts with a healthy twist to any children present at the event.
Other attractions at the Fun Fit and Food Fair include face painting and a festive raffle with prizes donated by the Atrium Club, Wilkinson's, Waitrose, Strikes and Paradise Sports Centre among others.
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 3 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Man subjected to 'unprovoked attack' at village pavilion
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 10 Poet, Jo, shares poem in memory of sister to mark World Cancer Day
Foodies, meanwhile may enjoy a visit to the fat free cake stall or take the opportunity to try some of our nutritious smoothies - many of which will have a festive flare.
Other attractions will include advice on how to quit smoking, free body mass index checks, Healthy Walks, Christmas crafts for children and an interactive art demonstration by ADeC - to highlight that healthy living is as much about taking time out to enjoy your creative side as it is about getting fit and eating healthily.
INFO: The Fun, Fit and Food Fair takes place from 11am until 4pm in the Elysian Hall at The Maltings - it is free to attend and refreshments will also be available.
For more information on Healthy Living - East Cambridgeshire or the Fun, Fit and Food Fair visit: www.hlec.org.uk