Santa brings Christmas magic at Lily House fayre in Ely
- Credit: Archant
There was Christmas magic in the air at a care home in Ely for their annual gift fayre.
Lily House in Lynn Road held the annual event on Saturday (November 30) from 2pm to 4pm.
Residents were delighted to see Santa and share a laugh and a joke.
Mulled wine, mince pies and a Christmas raffle were on offer for dozens of family and friends.
Laura Stevens, activities co-ordinator, said: "We had arts, crafts and Christmas tree decorations that residents had made and stalls with jewellery, chutney, Avon goodies and a tombola.
You may also want to watch:
"The residents absolutely loved it and they were over the moon to welcome people and see Santa.
"The sun was shining and everyone who attended really enjoyed it.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
"It was a real success and something that we always look forward to hosting."
A stunning Christmas tree was also donated to the home by Louis Taylor from Little Downham Christmas Trees.