Santa brings Christmas magic at Lily House fayre in Ely
- Credit: Archant
There was Christmas magic in the air at a care home in Ely for their annual gift fayre.
Lily House in Lynn Road held the annual event on Saturday (November 30) from 2pm to 4pm.
Residents were delighted to see Santa and share a laugh and a joke.
Mulled wine, mince pies and a Christmas raffle were on offer for dozens of family and friends.
Laura Stevens, activities co-ordinator, said: "We had arts, crafts and Christmas tree decorations that residents had made and stalls with jewellery, chutney, Avon goodies and a tombola.
"The residents absolutely loved it and they were over the moon to welcome people and see Santa.
"The sun was shining and everyone who attended really enjoyed it.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 3 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 4 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 5 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 7 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 8 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 9 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 10 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
"It was a real success and something that we always look forward to hosting."
A stunning Christmas tree was also donated to the home by Louis Taylor from Little Downham Christmas Trees.