Sam on song
FORMER Ely Cathedral head chorister Sam Graham has beaten thousands of other young hopefuls for a place with the National Youth Theatre. Sam, 15, was one of the youngest of 250 actors to be selected after 4,000 people applied for places. He will join the
FORMER Ely Cathedral head chorister Sam Graham has beaten thousands of other young hopefuls for a place with the National Youth Theatre.
Sam, 15, was one of the youngest of 250 actors to be selected after 4,000 people applied for places.
He will join the company's two-week acting course during the summer holidays and have the chance to audition for National Youth Theatre productions which are staged at top theatres in London and other major cities.
"It's a privilege to have been selected and I'm really going to make the most of such a great opportunity," he said.
Sam, a drama student at The King's School, Ely, and a member of the King's Barbers, also won the singing prize in the intermediate section of King's 2007 Musician of the Year competition.
King's head of drama, Adella Charlton, said: "Sam thoroughly deserves his success and I know he will make the most of the opportunity he has been given by the NYT."
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 9 'It's a gem of an untold story' - Ely author, Ellee shares new novel
- 10 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
To be or not to be: Sam practises his lines ready for his summer course.