Salon scoops this year’s Ely Standard Best Dressed Window award for festive display
- Credit: Archant
Brush & Comb hair salon has been crowned the winner of this year’s Ely Standard Best Dressed Window award.
The competition, which dates back to the 1950s, rewards one business every year that has the brightest and most festive window display.
This year the salon on Newnham Street scooped the award for the third time.
The salon, formerly known as Michael’s Brush & Comb, won the award in 2009 and 2010, and staff members Julie Palfrey, Heidi Underdown and Julie Sanchez were delighted when reporter Seb Pearce presented them with the Ely Standard shield on Thursday.
Heidi Underdown said: “I’m so shocked. The shop took all day to decorate so I’m very happy.”
You may also want to watch:
The salon’s festive window display featured lights, snow, reindeer and dozens of brightly coloured baubles, as well as a beautifully decorated six-foot Christmas tree.
Last year’s winner was Cherry Hill Chocolates, of High Street.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody