Sainsbury’s workers awarded for outstanding achievement
- Credit: Archant
A trio of Sainsbury’s workers were awarded for their outstanding work at a special event last Wednesday.
They were presented with their awards by Nick Smith, regional operations manager for Region Central 08 - which covers most of Cambridgeshire and Norfolk.
Linda Masser who works on the deli counter was recognised by fellow colleagues for her continued hard work and commitment to her job whilst also working as a carer for close family members.
The Customer’s Colleague of the Year was Susan Blacknell, who was chosen by shoppers at the Lisle Lane store as a result of her excellent customer service.
Luke Edwards, PR ambassador, was nominated for his work within the local community and with the store’s Great Place to Work Group (Sainsbury’s Colleague Council).
You may also want to watch:
Steve Venters, store manager, said: “We’re always looking to recognise outstanding work in our stores, and all three of these colleagues always go above and beyond in their roles.
“Our colleagues play a huge part in making Sainsbury’s a great place to work and shop, and the whole team at Sainsbury’s Ely all deserve a huge thank you for their ongoing hard work.”
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor