Sainsbury’s staff launch new charity partnership with Littleport’s Branching Out
- Credit: Archant
Sainsbury’s staff were joined by members of the Branching Out team to launch their charity partnership on Monday.
Staff and users of Branching Out, based in Littleport, held a short ceremony at the Lisle Lane, Ely, store to mark the beginning of their 12-month partnership.
Susan Wiggans, Branching Out manager said: “We are very grateful to have the opportunity to work alongside Sainsbury’s throughout the next year and would like to thank the customers who voted us to be the stores local charity partner.
“We have lots of exciting fundraising ideas planned for the next few months that our staff and service users will be getting involved with.”
The partnership also gives Branching Out’s members the chance to get out into the community, meeting customers and colleagues at the Lisle Lane store helping to develop their social skills further.
Last month colleagues from Ely Sainsbury’s began a series of volunteering events with the charity, when colleagues helped to paint the chicken coops at the charity’s main site.
Branching Out aims supports adults with learning disabilities from Littleport and the surrounding villages.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 4 Replacement home not good enough says council
- 5 This Grade II listed Georgian home in Ely could be yours for £575,000
- 6 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 7 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 8 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 9 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 10 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
The charity which is based in Littleport also runs two charity shops raising money to maintain their centre, in Grange Lane.