Sainsbury’s staff launch new charity partnership with Littleport’s Branching Out
- Credit: Archant
Sainsbury’s staff were joined by members of the Branching Out team to launch their charity partnership on Monday.
Staff and users of Branching Out, based in Littleport, held a short ceremony at the Lisle Lane, Ely, store to mark the beginning of their 12-month partnership.
Susan Wiggans, Branching Out manager said: “We are very grateful to have the opportunity to work alongside Sainsbury’s throughout the next year and would like to thank the customers who voted us to be the stores local charity partner.
“We have lots of exciting fundraising ideas planned for the next few months that our staff and service users will be getting involved with.”
The partnership also gives Branching Out’s members the chance to get out into the community, meeting customers and colleagues at the Lisle Lane store helping to develop their social skills further.
You may also want to watch:
Last month colleagues from Ely Sainsbury’s began a series of volunteering events with the charity, when colleagues helped to paint the chicken coops at the charity’s main site.
Branching Out aims supports adults with learning disabilities from Littleport and the surrounding villages.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
The charity which is based in Littleport also runs two charity shops raising money to maintain their centre, in Grange Lane.