Sainsbury’s staff gearing up for Red Nose Day festivities
- Credit: Archant
Red Nose Day is back and Sainsbury’s in Ely has promised to help customers and colleagues raise funds and take up this year’s challenge to ‘make your face funny for money’.
Fund-raising activities at the store, in Lisle Lane, will take place on Friday and Saturday, March 13-14, and will include colleagues wearing fancy dress to work, charity leg waxing and other activities in the main entrance.
Customers will be able to get their faces painted, and take part in a colouring competition and Red Nose treasure hunt in the lead up to the big weekend.
Karen Watts, Ely store manager, said: “Our colleagues love getting involved with Red Nose Day fundraising. We have some brilliant activities planned this year and we look forward to inviting customers to join in with the fun.”
The Ely team is now encouraging customers to show their support for Comic Relief by picking up one of the official Red Noses or Red Nose Day merchandise.
You may also want to watch:
This year, there are nine Red Noses to collect, all hidden in their own surprise bags. At least 60p from each £1 nose goes to help transform the lives of some of the poorest and most disadvantaged people in the UK and in Africa.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 7 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 8 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 9 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station