New owners and aspiration for historic hotel in Newmarket
- Credit: Archant
An historic hotel in Newmarket has been taken over by new owners who plan to refurbish the site over the next three years.
Review Hotels Ltd has acquired the 3-star Rutland Arms Hotel, located at the top of Newmarket’s high street.
Bosses bought the highly regarded former coaching inn for an undisclosed sum in March this year.
They also own Newmarket’s 4-star Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa.
Noel Byrne, chief executive at Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa, said: “Rutland Arms Hotel is an iconic part of Newmarket’s high street and is a great addition to our portfolio. The distinctive property is built around an attractive cobbled courtyard and dates back to the 17th century.
You may also want to watch:
“Over the next three years we plan to embark on a significant refurbishment programme for the hotel, which will include extensive reparation works to the exterior and interior of the building.”
The Rutland Arms Hotel comprises of 46 bedrooms, a restaurant and bar, courtyard terrace, and conference and event facilities for up to 60 delegates.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 10 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months