Runners Raise Money For Liam's Fund
RUNNERS from all over the UK turned out for the Soham Half Marathon on Sunday. 167 enthusiasts kicked off in mixed weather on the thirteen and a half mile loop around the Fens. Overall winner was RAF man Alan Turnball who made it back to the Ross Peers
RUNNERS from all over the UK turned out for the Soham Half Marathon on Sunday.
167 enthusiasts kicked off in mixed weather on the thirteen and a half mile loop around the Fens.
Overall winner was RAF man Alan Turnball who made it back to the Ross Peers Sports Centre in just over 1hr15 minutes. The first man across the finishing line for East Cambridgeshire was Ely Runners' Stephen Barker, who joined 19 of his Ely Running mates on the day.
Lisa Redman, who was running for Liam's Fund, came in at just under two hours, and her friend Ian Blatchford, who ran the London Marathon for Liam's Fund in April, came 53rd in a time of 1hr39.
Lisa's next race will be the Brandon Half Marathon and she hopes to run an average of one race a month until Christmas. If you would like to donate, please do so online at www.justgiving.com/lisaredman1.
Lisa has raised £540 so far.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 3 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 4 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 5 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 6 Quick-thinking officer who stopped man jumping onto A14 honoured
- 7 Woman dies following crash on A1303
- 8 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 9 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 10 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
Liam's mum Sarah told the Ely Standard: "We are very grateful to Lisa and Ian for their support. It is very touching to know that people care and contribute so much of their spare time to raise funds for such a worthwhile cause in Liam's name. It means a lot to us so thank you Lisa and Ian."
Pic cap: Ian Blatchford, Liam Fairhurst and Lisa Redman at the start of the race.
More photos on our website at www.eleystandard24.co.uk and turn to Page 45.