Rubber ducks let loose at Welney for a giant ‘duck hunt’
It might not have been the weather sun-seekers had hoped for this Easter Bank Holiday but when the heavy rain poured down, it sure was weather for ducks.
And none were happier than the giant rubber ducks let loose at the WWT Welney Wetland Centre.
Some 11 bright-yellow ducklings hid at the visitors’s centre and reserve at the heart of the Fens.
Each one wears a letter and the game is to discover them all to piece a word together and win a Freddo frog treat.
“It’s fun, there is not too much skill involved apart from the hide-and-seek skills you need to find the ducks,” said Emma Brand, events and marketing officer for WWT Welney.
You may also want to watch:
The ‘Giant Duck Hunt’ will continue until April 10 and is open daily from 9.30am to 5pm.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines