Rotary club welcomes new president
- Credit: Archant
Ely Rotary Club marked the end of the Rotarians’ year by welcoming a new president.
The last Wednesday of June is the traditional change-over day for a new presidents to take charge of Ely Rotary Club, and for all committees to be allocated new members and chairmen.
The Rotary year runs from July 1 to June 30.
This year, Methodist minister Rev Bernard Arnold handed over the responsibility to Rotarian John Dennick at the Rotary weekly luncheon meeting, held at Witchford Playing Fields Association hall.
Mr Dennick has been a member of Ely Rotary Club since 1976, and was previously president in the year 1987/88, so this is his second term in the position.
You may also want to watch:
John’s main aim is to see the club grow in numbers of members this year, and in this respect he will be promoting Rotary whenever possible.
Visit www.elyrotary.co.uk to find out more about joining or explore what the club has to offer.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months