Rotary Club Reaches Fifth Year With President
The Rotary Club of Ely- Hereward moves into its fifth year with new president Alan Hampton. Mr Hampton takes over from Philip Eden. This second Rotary club in Ely is unique in the fact that 46 per cent of its members are women. President-elect June Snowde
The Rotary Club of Ely- Hereward moves into its fifth year with new president Alan Hampton. Mr Hampton takes over from Philip Eden.
This second Rotary club in Ely is unique in the fact that 46 per cent of its members are women. President-elect June Snowden will take her place as the first female president of this club next year.
The club meets every Wednesday evening at 8pm at the Lamb Hotel and welcomes new members to join them in a varied and interesting programme of events.
New president Mr Hampton said: "We are a very forward looking club and understand that members work hard at raising funds for many good causes locally and internationally.
You may also want to watch:
"We not only hold our business meetings with many interesting speakers and international visitors, we also hold fellowship meetings where members can relax and enjoy each other's company. Our outings are special too, with a tour around the King's School and a trip to Greene King Brewery being recent events."
INFO: If anyone is interested in joining the Rotary Club of Ely-Hereward, contact Frank Connolly on 01353 740867 or visit their website www.rotaryclubely-hereward.org
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'