Rotary Club of Ely sponsors annual triathlon at King’s School
- Credit: Archant
The Rotary Club of Ely provided sponsorship and support to the Ely Triathlon Event held at King’s School over the weekend.
Eric Grant, of the club, said: “The weather was perfect for the event with all contestants, both senior and junior, giving their best.”
Ross Broomfield was the fastest male and Hannah Bye the fastest female in the triathlon event.
The junior aquathlon winners were Freddie Spavains, Joshua Vail, Jacob Bell, Esmie Kidman, Isla Winslow and Iona Trainer.
Viv Doji, president of the Rotary Club of Ely, presented the trophies and medals to the winners.
The eighth annual edition of the Ely Sprint Triathlon and Children’s Aquathlon took place on Sunday August 27.
TriSquad Ltd. runs the event with help and support from Ely Tri Club.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 4 This Grade II listed Georgian home in Ely could be yours for £575,000
- 5 Replacement home not good enough says council
- 6 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 7 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 8 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 9 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 10 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
A spokesman for TriSquad Ltd said: “We are a team of people that live and breathe mutli-sport.”
Visit https://www.rotary-ribi.org/clubs/homepage.php?ClubID=467 for more information.