Rotary Club of Ely president’s daughter joins club
- Credit: Archant
For the first time in the Rotary Club of Ely’s 79-year history, the club’s president’s daughter has joined.
President, Viv Doji, inducted her daughter Georgina into the club at the High Flyer pub, the club’s new meeting place.
Eric Grant, club member, said: “As the club now meets two evenings a month, as well as two lunchtimes, it has enabled younger, working people to join.”
Eric added: “In other rotary club news, Viking re-enactment group Ordgar Dark Age Re-enactors will be coming to Aquafest on July 1.
“They proved hugely popular last year so we are thinking of giving them a longer slot this year. They will also have their encampment to have a look around “Organised by the Rotary Clubs of Ely all the usual fairground rides, catering outlets, commercial and charity stalls will be there and there will be a full program of races and displays on the river, so put the date in your diary now.”
You may also want to watch:
For more details on membership contact John Dennick by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Rotary Club of Ely’s website.
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 3 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 4 'Support this local attraction,’ MP urges on museum visit
- 5 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 6 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 9 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire
- 10 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city