Rotary Club of Ely president’s daughter joins club
- Credit: Archant
For the first time in the Rotary Club of Ely’s 79-year history, the club’s president’s daughter has joined.
President, Viv Doji, inducted her daughter Georgina into the club at the High Flyer pub, the club’s new meeting place.
Eric Grant, club member, said: “As the club now meets two evenings a month, as well as two lunchtimes, it has enabled younger, working people to join.”
Eric added: “In other rotary club news, Viking re-enactment group Ordgar Dark Age Re-enactors will be coming to Aquafest on July 1.
“They proved hugely popular last year so we are thinking of giving them a longer slot this year. They will also have their encampment to have a look around “Organised by the Rotary Clubs of Ely all the usual fairground rides, catering outlets, commercial and charity stalls will be there and there will be a full program of races and displays on the river, so put the date in your diary now.”
You may also want to watch:
For more details on membership contact John Dennick by emailing email@example.com or visit the Rotary Club of Ely’s website.
- 1 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault
- 2 £2m in government funding secured to explore A10 improvements
- 3 Man dies in A11 ditch crash
- 4 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 5 New chief executive for combined authority will earn up to £200k a year
- 6 'Most significant' Fens archive footage in years
- 7 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 8 Mum overwhelmed by support for 'angel gowns' project
- 9 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 10 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned