Rotary Club of Ely gives Littleport’s Port Youth Group cash donation
- Credit: Archant
The Rotary Club of Ely have made a £100 donation to the Port Youth Group.
The youth club, run by Joanne Coe, at the Ex Servicemen’s Club in Littleport, has been running for about three years.
The club was formed by Joanne to meet the need for a safe place for young people to chill out and have fun.
The club works hard to make the children feel part of the community, and regularly have fund raising stalls at local events.
They have also been involved in litter picks around the village, and other community projects.
You may also want to watch:
Last week more than 50 pots of flowers were mysteriously placed around Littleport to be found by surprised residents. After the mystery, it was revealed that The Port Youth Group were behind the random acts of kindness.
Last month, members added a splash of colour to the village over the bank holiday weekend as part of a street art project.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4