LETTER: Rotary Club of Ely says ‘thank you’ after £8,000 raised for charity from Christmas collections
- Credit: Archant
The Rotary Club of Ely would like to thank the people of Ely and the surrounding area once again for their generosity and support of their Christmas collections.
The collection around the streets of the city raised approximately £6,600 and the High Street collections on two Saturdays raised £1,400 making a total of over £8,000.
The club is extremely grateful to the householders and those visiting Ely for their great generosity.
This will enable the club to continue to supprt local charities, disaster areas and other good causes during the coming year.
The organisers also wish to express their sincere thanks to 1st Call (Hire & Sales), and EACH in the High Street for their support and assistance.
You may also want to watch:
Joining the Ely Rotary Club were members of the Ely Hereward Rotary Club, Inner Wheel Club of Ely, the local charity Pos+ability, the Ely Rowing Club as well as students and staff from Ely College.
For more information on Rotary or to contact them if you are a charity looking for financial support please visit the club's website at www.elyrotary.co.uk
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash