Rosey raises �500 after losing hair lock, stock and barrel in charity head shave
BRAVE fundraiser Rosey Connolly was cheered on by dozens of friends and family on Saturday as she had her locks shaved off for charity.
Rosey, 58, took to the barber’s chair at the Tesco superstore, in Angel Drove, on Saturday for the event, where she swapped her shoulder length cut for a number one all over.
Her fundraising target of �500 was comfortable cleared along the way, leaving the Ely women delighted, albeit a bit lighter on top.
She said: “Everybody has been really positive and supportive and I have bumped into a few people I haven’t seen for a long time who have also donated money as well which is great.
“I must admit I have had a few double takes and second looks from people who didn’t know what I had done but on the whole I think it has gone down very well, I’m very pleased.”
You may also want to watch:
Rosey lost all her hair when undergoing chemotherapy treatment for breast cancer back in 2002 but, having beaten the disease, she was looking forward to losing it all over again for Cancer Research.
To boost her total, Rosey’s employer Tesco has pledged to match 20 per cent of the total raised and there will be staff members collecting donations on the day
- 1 Parish council protests after developers switch care home for homes
- 2 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
- 3 OBE for former King's Ely principal
- 4 Charity shop ‘urgently appealing’ for volunteers after reopening
- 5 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 6 Parish council fails to win vote of confidence
- 7 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 8 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 9 Ely’s most famous cat is back for more adventures
- 10 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her