Rosey raises �500 after losing hair lock, stock and barrel in charity head shave
BRAVE fundraiser Rosey Connolly was cheered on by dozens of friends and family on Saturday as she had her locks shaved off for charity.
Rosey, 58, took to the barber’s chair at the Tesco superstore, in Angel Drove, on Saturday for the event, where she swapped her shoulder length cut for a number one all over.
Her fundraising target of �500 was comfortable cleared along the way, leaving the Ely women delighted, albeit a bit lighter on top.
She said: “Everybody has been really positive and supportive and I have bumped into a few people I haven’t seen for a long time who have also donated money as well which is great.
“I must admit I have had a few double takes and second looks from people who didn’t know what I had done but on the whole I think it has gone down very well, I’m very pleased.”
You may also want to watch:
Rosey lost all her hair when undergoing chemotherapy treatment for breast cancer back in 2002 but, having beaten the disease, she was looking forward to losing it all over again for Cancer Research.
To boost her total, Rosey’s employer Tesco has pledged to match 20 per cent of the total raised and there will be staff members collecting donations on the day
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 6 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail