Rosey raises �500 after losing hair lock, stock and barrel in charity head shave
BRAVE fundraiser Rosey Connolly was cheered on by dozens of friends and family on Saturday as she had her locks shaved off for charity.
Rosey, 58, took to the barber’s chair at the Tesco superstore, in Angel Drove, on Saturday for the event, where she swapped her shoulder length cut for a number one all over.
Her fundraising target of �500 was comfortable cleared along the way, leaving the Ely women delighted, albeit a bit lighter on top.
She said: “Everybody has been really positive and supportive and I have bumped into a few people I haven’t seen for a long time who have also donated money as well which is great.
“I must admit I have had a few double takes and second looks from people who didn’t know what I had done but on the whole I think it has gone down very well, I’m very pleased.”
Rosey lost all her hair when undergoing chemotherapy treatment for breast cancer back in 2002 but, having beaten the disease, she was looking forward to losing it all over again for Cancer Research.
To boost her total, Rosey’s employer Tesco has pledged to match 20 per cent of the total raised and there will be staff members collecting donations on the day
- 1 Murder trial hears of 'appalling catalogue of injuries' suffered by baby
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Relief for clinical Soham as four-month winless run is over
- 4 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 5 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 6 Villagers confront the challenge of Corkers rising from the ashes
- 7 Hospital study shows daily capsules could help long Covid sufferers
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 Match ball from Cambridge United's victory against Newcastle to be raffled for charity
- 10 Football club reunion bids to bring good times back to Barry