Ronald and Maude's diamond day
A COUPLE who met at a concert in Soham and married in 1948 are celebrating their diamond wedding anniversary on Thursday. Ronald and Maude Manning were married in St Andrew s Church in Soham and still live in the town. Mrs Manning says that the secret to
A COUPLE who met at a concert in Soham and married in 1948 are celebrating their diamond wedding anniversary on Thursday.
Ronald and Maude Manning were married in St Andrew's Church in Soham and still live in the town. Mrs Manning says that the secret to her long and happy marriage is "seeing things from the other person's point of view".
"We have never had an argument, just an occasional difference of opinion," she said.
The couple, who were born and bred in Soham, both served in the Royal Navy during the World War Two. After they married, Mr Manning, 84, worked as an engineer for the Post Office. Mrs Manning, 82, worked in the laboratory of a sugar beet factory.
You may also want to watch:
The community-minded couple have also been involved with the Royal British Legion, the Pumpkin Fair, Sunday School and many other local organisations.
The couple have one child, daughter Dianne Scott who is married to Stan. They have two grandchildren, Alex and Peter Scott.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
More than 100 family and friends attended the couple's anniversary celebration last week.