Roman day at Arkenstall
IT was Roman Day at Robert Arkenstall school in Haddenham last Tuesday when all 150 children and teachers went to class dressed as Romans. Various activities, as befits ancient Romans, were carried on during the day in
IT was Roman Day at Robert Arkenstall school in Haddenham last Tuesday when all 150 children and teachers went to class dressed as Romans.
Various activities, as befits ancient Romans, were carried on during the day including making a mosaic, playing Roman games and looking at Roman food.
"They liked playing the games and having a day out of their normal routine", said teacher Lucy Roberts. "This was part of our Roman topic which we will be studying for most of this term, finishing up with a trip to Colchester castle", she added.
<2081> ROMAN HOLIDAY: Gus (front) along with from left: Chloe, Kira, Darius and Georgia dressed up as ancient Romans at Robert Arkenstall school.
You may also want to watch:
Photo: HELEN DRAKE
- 1 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 2 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 3 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 8 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 9 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 10 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road