Roman day at Arkenstall
IT was Roman Day at Robert Arkenstall school in Haddenham last Tuesday when all 150 children and teachers went to class dressed as Romans. Various activities, as befits ancient Romans, were carried on during the day in
IT was Roman Day at Robert Arkenstall school in Haddenham last Tuesday when all 150 children and teachers went to class dressed as Romans.
Various activities, as befits ancient Romans, were carried on during the day including making a mosaic, playing Roman games and looking at Roman food.
"They liked playing the games and having a day out of their normal routine", said teacher Lucy Roberts. "This was part of our Roman topic which we will be studying for most of this term, finishing up with a trip to Colchester castle", she added.
<2081> ROMAN HOLIDAY: Gus (front) along with from left: Chloe, Kira, Darius and Georgia dressed up as ancient Romans at Robert Arkenstall school.
You may also want to watch:
Photo: HELEN DRAKE
- 1 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 6 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 7 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 8 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 9 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 10 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club