Roman day at Arkenstall
IT was Roman Day at Robert Arkenstall school in Haddenham last Tuesday when all 150 children and teachers went to class dressed as Romans. Various activities, as befits ancient Romans, were carried on during the day in
IT was Roman Day at Robert Arkenstall school in Haddenham last Tuesday when all 150 children and teachers went to class dressed as Romans.
Various activities, as befits ancient Romans, were carried on during the day including making a mosaic, playing Roman games and looking at Roman food.
"They liked playing the games and having a day out of their normal routine", said teacher Lucy Roberts. "This was part of our Roman topic which we will be studying for most of this term, finishing up with a trip to Colchester castle", she added.
<2081> ROMAN HOLIDAY: Gus (front) along with from left: Chloe, Kira, Darius and Georgia dressed up as ancient Romans at Robert Arkenstall school.
Photo: HELEN DRAKE
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 3 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 9 Frustration for Ely City is United's gain as unbeaten home run ends
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series