Roman day at Arkenstall
IT was Roman Day at Robert Arkenstall school in Haddenham last Tuesday when all 150 children and teachers went to class dressed as Romans. Various activities, as befits ancient Romans, were carried on during the day in
IT was Roman Day at Robert Arkenstall school in Haddenham last Tuesday when all 150 children and teachers went to class dressed as Romans.
Various activities, as befits ancient Romans, were carried on during the day including making a mosaic, playing Roman games and looking at Roman food.
"They liked playing the games and having a day out of their normal routine", said teacher Lucy Roberts. "This was part of our Roman topic which we will be studying for most of this term, finishing up with a trip to Colchester castle", she added.
<2081> ROMAN HOLIDAY: Gus (front) along with from left: Chloe, Kira, Darius and Georgia dressed up as ancient Romans at Robert Arkenstall school.
You may also want to watch:
Photo: HELEN DRAKE
- 1 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 2 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 3 'We have a duty to follow planning policies': Council's firm stance over pub's giant mug
- 4 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 5 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 6 Power boats thrill crowds at river races
- 7 First homes approved for Waterbeach Barracks
- 8 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 9 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book