Rocking Ukeleles of Ely provide entertainment at Parkinson’s Ely Support Group meeting
- Credit: Archant
The Rocking Ukeleles of Ely provided the entertainment for the Parkinson’s Ely Support group meeting at Bell Holt Community Centre.
Ten members of the band, formed earlier this year, played a selection of well-known tunes much to the delight of the audience.
A support group spokesman said: “The enthusiasm and liveliness of this band went down so well that they have been invited to return at our December Christmas party.”
The support group meets normally every third Tuesday in the month at Bell Holt Community Centre, but the August meeting will be at Littleport Leisure Centre, starting at 2.30pm.
Anyone who has Parkinson’s or cares or knows someone with Parkinson’s is welcome.
You may also want to watch:
The group would also welcome volunteers to help run and manage the monthly meetings – anyone interested should contact chairman Brian Hayes on 01353 860102, or secretary Jenny Lowles on 01353 861674.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 10 Church to hold churchyards training day