Rocker Bernie’s autism roadshow was a big success
- Credit: Archant
Ely rocker Bernie Sawford and his band The 142s helped raised almost £500 for Autism Awareness with a one-off fund-raising gig.
The group performed a live set as part of the Autism Rocks Roadshow, which took place at Stuntney Social Club last weekend.
The event also featured fellow rockers The Wasteland Angels along with special guests.
Bass guitarist Bernie, of Silver Street, said: “About 60 people attended the event, which was about raising funds and awareness for World Autism Awareness Month.
“We have managed to raise some awareness and things are starting to happen and that was the main thing that the gig was all about. We have had messages from all over the world; Italy, Spain, the USA, and even the Philippines.
You may also want to watch:
“I feel like we have made a difference in Ely and we’d like to thank everyone who helped us. We are over the moon, the event was fantastic.”
All funds raised will go to Anna Kennedy Online.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment