Ely’s Rock Vox Choir prepares for most ambitious charity concert at The Maltings
Ely’s Rock Vox Choir is hard at work rehearsing for its most ambitious fundraising concert to date on June 29.
The choir is supporting two cancer charities very close to members’ hearts: Macmillan Cancer Support and the Cambridge Cancer Centre.
Clare Clay, founder of Rock Vox Choir, said: “With a newly-formed live house band and 30-strong choir we are going to raise the roof of The Maltings, Ely with our Rock v Musicals concert.
“With classic rock meeting both modern and traditional musical theatre there is truly a little something for everyone in this concert.
“With so many members and their families affected by this awful disease and a particularly tough 2018 for one special member who showed bowel cancer who is boss, we are hoping to raise loads of lovely money for these fantastic causes.”
You may also want to watch:
If you are interested in sponsoring the concert – which means your business’ name will be featured on the event page of the concert programme – contact Clare via firstname.lastname@example.org
For tickets to the concert, which starts at 7.30pm, contact The Maltings box office on 01353 662633.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 9 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 10 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash