Rock Island Rebels to celebrate landmark anniversary
POPULAR Ely band The Rock Island Rebels are set to celebrate their 20th anniversary on Saturday with a charity concert.
The four-piece rock ‘n’ roll group have been wowing audiences up and down the country since 1991 and are planning to mark two decades in music with a evening of classic 50s rock at the HIAM Sports and Social Club in Prickwillow.
The event is being held to raise money for children’s cancer charity CLIC Sargent and is taking place from 7pm on Saturday.
The group’s guitarist Mark Steadman, said: “If people don’t know what rock ‘n’ roll is about, come along and experience it.
“Some people come along to dance and sing while some people prefer to just sit and listen, as long as everyone has a good time we have done our job.”
You may also want to watch:
INFO: Tickets costing �10 are available from the club or from Mike on 01638 601085.
- 1 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 3 Mark's 27 unanswered questions over volunteers to control parking
- 4 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 5 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 6 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 7 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 8 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 9 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations