Rock Island Rebels to celebrate landmark anniversary
POPULAR Ely band The Rock Island Rebels are set to celebrate their 20th anniversary on Saturday with a charity concert.
The four-piece rock ‘n’ roll group have been wowing audiences up and down the country since 1991 and are planning to mark two decades in music with a evening of classic 50s rock at the HIAM Sports and Social Club in Prickwillow.
The event is being held to raise money for children’s cancer charity CLIC Sargent and is taking place from 7pm on Saturday.
The group’s guitarist Mark Steadman, said: “If people don’t know what rock ‘n’ roll is about, come along and experience it.
“Some people come along to dance and sing while some people prefer to just sit and listen, as long as everyone has a good time we have done our job.”
You may also want to watch:
INFO: Tickets costing �10 are available from the club or from Mike on 01638 601085.
- 1 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose
- 2 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 3 Boy, 14, to wear electronic tag and obey curfew after admitting harassment
- 4 Letters: No praise for Palmer, litter picker success and neglected roads
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 7 Firefighters tackle deliberate barn blaze for more than four hours
- 8 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 9 Family 'thrilled' as pair's lockdown locks raise charity cash
- 10 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride