Rock Island Rebels to celebrate landmark anniversary
POPULAR Ely band The Rock Island Rebels are set to celebrate their 20th anniversary on Saturday with a charity concert.
The four-piece rock ‘n’ roll group have been wowing audiences up and down the country since 1991 and are planning to mark two decades in music with a evening of classic 50s rock at the HIAM Sports and Social Club in Prickwillow.
The event is being held to raise money for children’s cancer charity CLIC Sargent and is taking place from 7pm on Saturday.
The group’s guitarist Mark Steadman, said: “If people don’t know what rock ‘n’ roll is about, come along and experience it.
“Some people come along to dance and sing while some people prefer to just sit and listen, as long as everyone has a good time we have done our job.”
You may also want to watch:
INFO: Tickets costing �10 are available from the club or from Mike on 01638 601085.
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 People power brings about changes to £800,000 roundabout scheme
- 3 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 4 Retired GP's death 'avoidable' if cause of severe chest pain was 'more thoroughly investigated'
- 5 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 6 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 7 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 8 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital
- 9 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal