Robin Hood and His Merry Men Set To Take Ely by Storm
PACKED with some of the merriest Merry Men the Fens have ever seen, this year s Ely pantomime is a must-see. In one of the funniest ever pantos performed by Campaign Amateur Theatre, Robin, Marion and the gang dance and joke their way through the fores
PACKED with some of the merriest Merry Men the Fens have ever seen, this year's Ely pantomime is a must-see. In one of the funniest ever pantos performed by Campaign Amateur Theatre, Robin, Marion and the gang dance and joke their way through the forest as they outwit the evil Prince John. The production takes place at The Maltings in Ely on January 28 and 30.
For the first time ever, the fabulous dancers of the Lane Academy will join the pantomime, bringing with them some fine dancing and lots of style. Coupled with numerous toe-tapping numbers (with very original lyrics), the audience may struggle not to join in the dancing.
Director Becky Green said: "If the sheriffs men go down to the forest tonight they're sure of a big surprise. Never mind Men in Tights, some of this lot are wearing lincoln green corsets as well."
INFO: Evening performances at 7.30pm and matinee on Saturday at 2.30pm. Tickets available from the box office on 01353 669759 or Burrows Bookshop in High Street Passage, Ely.
Pic cap: From left to right are: Peter Crussell, Ivan Wildman, Robert Bullen and Caroline Turnbull as Maid Marion.
Photo: KEITH GALLOIS.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Father accused of baby's murder claimed she had hit her head in car