Robin Hood and His Merry Men Set To Take Ely by Storm
PACKED with some of the merriest Merry Men the Fens have ever seen, this year s Ely pantomime is a must-see. In one of the funniest ever pantos performed by Campaign Amateur Theatre, Robin, Marion and the gang dance and joke their way through the fores
PACKED with some of the merriest Merry Men the Fens have ever seen, this year's Ely pantomime is a must-see. In one of the funniest ever pantos performed by Campaign Amateur Theatre, Robin, Marion and the gang dance and joke their way through the forest as they outwit the evil Prince John. The production takes place at The Maltings in Ely on January 28 and 30.
For the first time ever, the fabulous dancers of the Lane Academy will join the pantomime, bringing with them some fine dancing and lots of style. Coupled with numerous toe-tapping numbers (with very original lyrics), the audience may struggle not to join in the dancing.
Director Becky Green said: "If the sheriffs men go down to the forest tonight they're sure of a big surprise. Never mind Men in Tights, some of this lot are wearing lincoln green corsets as well."
INFO: Evening performances at 7.30pm and matinee on Saturday at 2.30pm. Tickets available from the box office on 01353 669759 or Burrows Bookshop in High Street Passage, Ely.
You may also want to watch:
Pic cap: From left to right are: Peter Crussell, Ivan Wildman, Robert Bullen and Caroline Turnbull as Maid Marion.
Photo: KEITH GALLOIS.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 3 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 6 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 7 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 10 Boxer's 163-miles-in-a-month charity run raises £1,600