Robin Hood and His Merry Men Set To Take Ely by Storm
PACKED with some of the merriest Merry Men the Fens have ever seen, this year s Ely pantomime is a must-see. In one of the funniest ever pantos performed by Campaign Amateur Theatre, Robin, Marion and the gang dance and joke their way through the fores
PACKED with some of the merriest Merry Men the Fens have ever seen, this year's Ely pantomime is a must-see. In one of the funniest ever pantos performed by Campaign Amateur Theatre, Robin, Marion and the gang dance and joke their way through the forest as they outwit the evil Prince John. The production takes place at The Maltings in Ely on January 28 and 30.
For the first time ever, the fabulous dancers of the Lane Academy will join the pantomime, bringing with them some fine dancing and lots of style. Coupled with numerous toe-tapping numbers (with very original lyrics), the audience may struggle not to join in the dancing.
Director Becky Green said: "If the sheriffs men go down to the forest tonight they're sure of a big surprise. Never mind Men in Tights, some of this lot are wearing lincoln green corsets as well."
INFO: Evening performances at 7.30pm and matinee on Saturday at 2.30pm. Tickets available from the box office on 01353 669759 or Burrows Bookshop in High Street Passage, Ely.
You may also want to watch:
Pic cap: From left to right are: Peter Crussell, Ivan Wildman, Robert Bullen and Caroline Turnbull as Maid Marion.
Photo: KEITH GALLOIS.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 6 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 9 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
- 10 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up