Tributes to popular councillor who served Little Thetford
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have been paid to the chairman of Little Thetford Parish Council who died suddenly.
Robert Bullen served in the community where he was a popular figure and dedicated to his parochial duties.
Councillor Bill Hunt, county and district councillor representing Little Thetford, said: “It was with very great sadness that I heard of the relatively sudden death of Robert.
“I have been lucky enough to have been a district councillor representing Little Thetford for 11 years since election in 2007 and the county councillor for 13 years since 2005.
“I therefore had many, many contacts with Robert and I can easily say that every meeting was a pleasure.
“Communities can count themselves very lucky indeed to have somebody of Robert’s calibre serving them for year after year.
“Robert loved Little Thetford and worked so very hard to get the best results for his small community.
- 1 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 2 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 3 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 4 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 5 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 6 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 7 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 8 ‘If it wasn’t for NICU I possibly wouldn’t be here today’ - Darren fundraising for Addenbrooke's
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
“Robert was an old fashioned gentleman who was hard working, honest, committed, dedicated and loyal.
“I was clearly lucky to have worked with and known him.