Tributes to popular councillor who served Little Thetford
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have been paid to the chairman of Little Thetford Parish Council who died suddenly.
Robert Bullen served in the community where he was a popular figure and dedicated to his parochial duties.
Councillor Bill Hunt, county and district councillor representing Little Thetford, said: “It was with very great sadness that I heard of the relatively sudden death of Robert.
“I have been lucky enough to have been a district councillor representing Little Thetford for 11 years since election in 2007 and the county councillor for 13 years since 2005.
“I therefore had many, many contacts with Robert and I can easily say that every meeting was a pleasure.
You may also want to watch:
“Communities can count themselves very lucky indeed to have somebody of Robert’s calibre serving them for year after year.
“Robert loved Little Thetford and worked so very hard to get the best results for his small community.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 9 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
“Robert was an old fashioned gentleman who was hard working, honest, committed, dedicated and loyal.
“I was clearly lucky to have worked with and known him.