Robbers assault woman during armed raid at Coral bookmakers in Newmarket
- Credit: Archant
Two robbers brandishing a crowbar pushed a woman to the floor during a raid at a bookmakers last night.
The pair, who had their faces hidden, entered Coral in All Saints Road, Newmarket through the front door around 6.30pm and confronted two female staff members, demanding the keys to the slot machines.
One of the employees was pushed to the floor before the keys were handed over and the men then emptied the coins from the slot machines.
Next they insisted the safe be opened, but police say it has not yet been established if anything was taken from it.
The criminals fled the building.
You may also want to watch:
The suspects are described as both having their faces covered, one wearing a balaclava and the other with what is believed to have been a ski mask.
Detectives are appealing for any witnesses who were in the vicinity of All Saints Road between 6pm and 7pm yesterday and who saw two men acting suspiciously to make contact.
- 1 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
Anyone with any information about this crime is asked to contact Bury St Edmunds CID on 101 quoting reference 11855/17, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.