Robbers assault woman during armed raid at Coral bookmakers in Newmarket
- Credit: Archant
Two robbers brandishing a crowbar pushed a woman to the floor during a raid at a bookmakers last night.
The pair, who had their faces hidden, entered Coral in All Saints Road, Newmarket through the front door around 6.30pm and confronted two female staff members, demanding the keys to the slot machines.
One of the employees was pushed to the floor before the keys were handed over and the men then emptied the coins from the slot machines.
Next they insisted the safe be opened, but police say it has not yet been established if anything was taken from it.
The criminals fled the building.
The suspects are described as both having their faces covered, one wearing a balaclava and the other with what is believed to have been a ski mask.
Detectives are appealing for any witnesses who were in the vicinity of All Saints Road between 6pm and 7pm yesterday and who saw two men acting suspiciously to make contact.
- 1 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 2 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 3 Man facing eviction fears 'absolute disaster' despite council help
- 4 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 5 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 6 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 7 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 8 'Cuckooing' drug dealer caught with cocaine to the value of £3,670
- 9 Army assault course brought back to former glory at Waterbeach Barracks
- 10 Lorna’s successful plea to remove £3 shower charge for disabled visitors to The Hive
Anyone with any information about this crime is asked to contact Bury St Edmunds CID on 101 quoting reference 11855/17, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.