Mobile housing and community advice service launches
- Credit: East Cambridgeshire District Council
A new district-wide roaming community hub has launched in East Cambridgeshire.
East Cambridgeshire District Council’s housing and community advice service bus will be travelling to areas across the district providing advice and support to residents.
Topics ranging from debt and benefits to homelessness and Covid-19 recovery can be discussed.
The bus will have a timetable and so far, confirmed locations include Littleport, Wicken, Mepal, Haddenham and Soham.
The housing and community advice service was launched in April 2020 and is an extension of the council’s housing department.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr David Ambrose Smith, chairman of the operational services committee said: “We hope that by launching this bus, residents from all areas of the district will be able to access advice and support closer to home.”
The full list of locations and timetable can be found on the council’s website.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident