Road closed after tractor and car collide
- Credit: Archant
A motorist had to be cut free from a car by firefighters following a collision between a car and a tractor.
The incident took place at about 5.45am this morning (Friday) with emergency services called to Newmarket Road, in Stretham.
The A1123 was closed in both directions between Brook Lane, in Stretham, and Upware Road, in Upware, because of the accident.
Firefighters from Ely were called to release the motorist, who was treated by ambulance crews for injuries, which were understood to be minor.
The driver of the tractor was uninjured.
The road was re-opened at 8.15am.
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 8 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 9 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 10 'Farmgate' report leaks reveal concerns over Manor Farm tenancy